what does scar tissue feel like?

i feel a lump in my breast, my plastic surgeon told me it was scar tissue from my breast reduction 4 years ago.. I feel as though it is getting bigger... this lump feels like i have a golf ball inside my breast. My gyno during my physical seemed very concerned i just blew it off b/c my plastic surgeon tol dme it was nothing to worry about but now that it feels larger i am a tad scared.. Should i ask my gyno to refer me to someone to have it looked at (currently 22 wks pregnant) ... or does anyone know the difference of feeling scar tissue and a (non)cancerous lump? Thank you..
I know maybe i sound like a worry wart but i have had a lot of bad luck lately.. my fiance just passed away in a car accident, it by a reckless driver, killed him instantly (13 weeks pregnant at the time)... THank you!

dlepasti

Asked by dlepasti at 12:34 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Health

• i wouldnt take anyones opinion who isnt a specialist, dont want to tell you you're fine and you're not. pls go see your doctor, find out if you can have a mamogram while pregnant, if not, have one immediately after you have the baby. dont be too freaked out though, scar tissue is harder than the tissue around it but i really think you should be checked out by a professional. good luck and i'm very sorry about your fiance.
    robbinsme

Answer by robbinsme at 12:41 AM on Apr. 27, 2009