what does scar tissue feel like?

i feel a lump in my breast, my plastic surgeon told me it was scar tissue from my breast reduction 4 years ago.. I feel as though it is getting bigger... this lump feels like i have a golf ball inside my breast. My gyno during my physical seemed very concerned i just blew it off b/c my plastic surgeon tol dme it was nothing to worry about but now that it feels larger i am a tad scared.. Should i ask my gyno to refer me to someone to have it looked at (currently 22 wks pregnant) ... or does anyone know the difference of feeling scar tissue and a (non)cancerous lump? Thank you..
I know maybe i sound like a worry wart but i have had a lot of bad luck lately.. my fiance just passed away in a car accident, it by a reckless driver, killed him instantly (13 weeks pregnant at the time)... THank yu

dlepasti

Asked by dlepasti at 12:36 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would. My husband had a condition usually reserved for kids and pregnant women in February: it was called a something granuloma, a scar that suddenly started ballooning out with extra healing tissue. We thought it was cancer when it grew from the size of my thumbnail in November to the size of my thumb in February. Thankfully it was *not* cancer. And it was easily taken care of right in his doctor's office. It can't hurt to get your mind set at ease about it.
    rainbowlight

Answer by rainbowlight at 12:40 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Scar tissue doesnt make a ball ....it gets hard, tough to move and I would say go see if they can send you to a dr. to get that looked at.
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 12:45 AM on Apr. 27, 2009