how is this name for a baby boy ty'elle var johnson ?

very confused on baby manes help any suggestions i would perfer it starting with a
'"T" or "K"' help

diamond902

Asked by diamond902 at 12:50 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• why does there have to be an apostrophe in the name? what is a var????

Taylor
    tyler
    kyle
    kingston (i love this one)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Why an apostrophe? Of what two names is it a contraction?

I've never heard of Var. Interesting, but am thinking people might think it's a "typo" for Van Johnson.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Timothy
    Thomas
    Trevor
    Taren
    Tristen
    Tucker
    Kyle
    Kenneth
    Kameron
    Kaden
    Those are the only ones I could think of, if you're looking for something unique then I'm not good with those... I personally wouldn't want my son to have to learn the name you have in your post. It seems very complicated and not very easy to spell... GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I don't think I am going to be very good at this one. I think African Americans have a very unique style of baby names, and I don't think along those same lines. I usually associate the "elle" sounding names as feminine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Do you want opinions on the name? I don't like the way it is spelled I guess, but if you like it that way, use it. It looks like a girls name "elle" with a var? Just not sure.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 11:09 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I think it is a terrible name.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Anything with an "elle" sounds like a girls name to me. And I agree, why the apostrophe? That will cause problems in the years to come since most computer programs won't accept it in when someone types in his name; they usually take letters only. Also, what does it sound like? Tile, as in flooring or bathroom tile? If not, he'll be correcting his teachers and everyone else all of his life.

I don't have any opinion about "Var" for a middle name except when his entire name is read it sounds sort of like a "von" as in old germanic nobility. Odd but that's up to you.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Be kind to your child. Don't name him a cute baby name. Name him a name adults will take seriously. He will only be a baby for a short amount of time. He will be an adult for many, many years.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:52 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• It's horrible. It sounds like a joke name from a Wayans brothers movie.
    Anonymous