I have bad asthma and horrible seasonal allergies. Does anyone else take an inhaler while pregnant? I have preventil. I also wondered what allergy meds are safe. I'm only 3 or 4 weeks, won't know for sure until next weeks bloodwork, but I needed to take my inhaler tonight and worried it could be harmful. Although I figure not being able to breath is MORE harmful.......

BLoNdIe121679

Asked by BLoNdIe121679 at 1:11 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• IT IS NOT PASTURIZED BUT LOOK UP Manuka honey, it helps my daughter asthma or try any kind of honey local is good for pollen i read. ask a pharmacist/Dr.. about this?Manuka honey

Meds i say no if you are under 3 months but get some albuteral maybe???
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:14 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• NO ITS NOT HARMFUL!!!! I have had 7 pregnancies and 4 live births. the latter 2 my asthma was horrid. But with the twins I was in the hospital for 4 days, the were thinking about taking the twins just to give me comfort! Now for your allergies you have to suffer until second trimester, after that you can take sudafed or continue your allergy shots(if you get them). I would talk to your doc about having a nebulizer treatment for home only because you're going to get bigger and your lungs are going to get more cramped!!!! Good luck!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 1:20 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I use albuterol..My doctor told me that if I need to use my inhaler, USE IT! If you can't breath, the baby can't breath. I hope you feel better!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:25 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Use it! You need to breathe in order to have oxygen for the baby. If mommy doesn't breathe, baby doesn't either.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:27 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I used mine the entire time I was pregnant.. No problems.. It's not harmful and sometimes pregnancy can cause your asthma to get worse or it can cause it to get better.. It's a coin toss
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 1:31 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• go to hospital and get oxygen stay there if u need too.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:32 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i had bad asthma at the beginning of my pg last yr. the pharmacist told me that my inhaler, which was proventil, is safe to use as needed during pg. but only use it as directed.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2009