sore breasts

my boobs really freaking hurt it hurts to feed my son and it hurts more to pump:( idk y it hurts so bad its a pain in the tip of my boob and my nipple...its not that my son isnt latching right he latches just fine...i feed him and took a hot shower and that helped for a little while but do any of u know what is wrong and should i talk to my doctor???

Lacrisha

Asked by Lacrisha at 1:14 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you are extremely tender, red, swollen, and feel sick(cold or flu with chills) you may have mestitis and need to see a doctor! It can be taken care of with antibiotics and you can still breast feed!!! Hot and cold compresses, alternated, cold for the pain, hot for circulation. When in the shower get it as hot as you can stand it let the water massage the infected breast and express what you can(adds some comfort by expressing the milk, unclogs it if you will). And let him continute to nurse if not too painful.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 1:28 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• How old is your son? Mine were that way til my DD was 3 weeks, I had to use a nipple shield til then
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:16 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• How old is your son?
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 1:16 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• he is a month in 4 days and i have a nipple shild from my first son should i use it? my boobs didnt start hurting tell yesterday thats y i dont get it y out of no where do they hurt?
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 1:22 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Talk to doc or lactation consultant as it sounds like you could have infected milk gland/duct.Hope it gets better soon!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:23 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Hmm.. well are you engorged or are there any big, hard lumps in your breasts? And is it your nipples, or is it your entire breasts?
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 1:24 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• might be mastitus.... or how ever you spell it!!!
    i would ask your dr....
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 1:24 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• it is just around the end of my boob and my nipple and there are lumps b4 i feed or pump but then there soft again and my boobs are up to a 36 D and im normally a 36 C but i found it normal
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 1:27 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Sounds like a clogged duct/s, which can lead to mastitis! Here's a link, check it out it's very helpful and has the info you need :)

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/mastitis.html
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 1:31 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i have had a cold for the past week... im on an antibiotic for my cold right now so i need a diffrent one if i have mestitis? my boobs are very very tender not red but swollen and i am really sick
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 1:32 AM on Apr. 27, 2009