What can my 13 year old daughter do for the summer to earn money ??

Asked by dottief13 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• I used to be an entrepreneur as a child, always having some venture. Babysitting is something that is always wanted, and she may think its cool and "a lot" of money for someone her age. They have courses, I'd recommend her taking a quick babysitting class-I think they're free- then trying that. She could also offer to clean some houses for neighbors or do some chores. Mowing lawns, laundry, dishes. There are lots of options. Hope it helps!

Answer by NomadSara at 6:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Have her put up flyers around your neighborhood saying she's available for odd jobs, like yard work, dog walking,babysitting. If she's not ready for babysitting for a long period of time, she could always just try it for "drop off" times. I know I'm always looking for someone to watch my kids for 20 minutes, half hour, or an hour so I can go exercise or go grocery shopping, can never find anyone of course.The mothers could leave their kids at your house and do their errands, she would watch them of course, but until she gets more experience, that might be a good way for her to get her feet wet.

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• newspaper job, babysitting, yard work, help someone or clean someone's home, help a parent/family with lots of kids or a parent that has a child with special needs (even when they are there-so the parent can get other things done)

Answer by lifeisajoy at 11:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i would have her choose what she wants to sell and you put it on craigslist

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• clean doggy stuff, help others for donation amounts recycle,...

Answer by ouromnifamily at 1:52 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Babysit!!!! At $10- an hour there is nothing better!

Answer by purplemara3 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Babysit, dog walk, do odd jobs for the elderly, etc..

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:26 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Have a babysitting errands for the elderly, yard work, things like that.

Answer by ToldUNo at 1:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• a dog walking service.........

Answer by ToldUNo at 1:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2008