IS IT TRUE THAT THE SHAPE OF YOUR STOMACH TELLS YOU IF IS A BOY OR GIRL????

I DONT BELIEVE THAT BUT PEOPLE SAY IF YOUR BELLY IS ROUND IS A BOY AND IF IS WIDER IS A GIRL BUT MINE IS ROUND I THINK AND IM HAVING A GIRL WELL THAT WHAT MY DOC SAID SO TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK AND IF YOUR STOMACH LOOK THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT THEY SAY

datmami22

Asked by datmami22 at 1:22 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, there are all sorts of old wive's tales out there. But one thing is for sure, you are either having a boy or girl! LOL!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:25 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I dont know about the shape.. But I do believe in the boys are carried high and girls are carried low because my sister had a girl and her belly was so much lower then mine and I had a boy and carried him in my rib cage litterally lol I have the strech marks to prove that one lol but thats just me
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 1:28 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• If your Dr is telling you that the shape of your belly determines your baby's sex, I think I would find a new Dr...

Honestly, the only way to tell is 1) test the amniotic fluid 2) an ultrasound - but only if you get a good view after the right point in the pg, or 3) wait until the baby is born.

The shape, etc, just says how the baby happens to be positioned / prefers to lay and stuff, not what gender it is. I'm sure you're going to get a lot of people who swear by this method, but think about it, when someone uses this sort of method, they have a 50 / 50 shot, so of course sometimes it's going to be right...

btw - I carried both my babies the same way, and I have one of each...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:28 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• NO I HAD AN ULTRASOUND DONE AND FOUND OUT IS A GIRL BUT IM SAYIN PEOPLE SEE MY STOMACH AND TELLS ME IS A BOY PLUS FOR GIRLS YOU CARRY HIGH AND BOYS LOW
    datmami22

Answer by datmami22 at 1:31 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Well I carried three boys really high...like under my chin.lol
    And my belly was very round. MY SIL's belly looked just like a watermelon.
    They are all old wives tales, don't pay them any mind.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:47 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• There are a whole bunch of old wive's tales out there and according to one site I found while prego my symptoms showed a 45% I was having a boy and well he was a boy. Even ultrasounds are not 100%. I had a friend who was told by 3 different ultrasounds that she her second pregnancy was a boy and well she has 2 daughters now and not one boy! It is fun to guess and see people's thoughts sometimes, but I wouldn't put much stock in them.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:58 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I doubt it's true but it worked for me. I was all belly. I pretty much looked like I had a basketball under my shirt...and then a beach ball :) I had a boy.
    proudsinglmomy

Answer by proudsinglmomy at 8:26 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• definitely an old wives tale. There are a lot out there to listen to, and I wouldn't pay them any mind. No one can really tell you differently than your doctor. Another common wives tale not to listen to is "if you have heartburn your baby will have a full head of hair." Not true, even if it turns out true for you. (my family genetics may make it true, but it's still an old wives tale.)
    Squeakette

Answer by Squeakette at 8:28 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i agree with the other moms, thats just an old wives tale. It just depends on the mother and baby.
    PregoBeauty2009

Answer by PregoBeauty2009 at 7:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2009