I have been exercising to loose weight from my last pregnancy. Now I maybe pregnant again so do I have to stop trying to loose this extra weight now?

I agained like 40lbs with the last pregnancy. My son is 13 months now and I may be pregnant. Weeks late now but the first tes I took came to be negative. I am going to try another one soon.
Anyways if I am I cant be on my diet anymore?

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 1:37 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i wouldn't stop, per se...you can choose to eat healthier, lots of fruits and vegs..which is what you should do anytime, diet or not...you can exercise, to strenthen muscle, tone legs/arms, keep flexibility..any small amount of strength will help carry easier, give more stamina for pregnancy/labor. but dieting, as we know it, with very low caloric intake?..no. no diet pills either!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:41 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Also, talk to your Dr about it if you are pg - they will be able to tell you exactly what you can and can't do, based on your individual situation / pg.

My Dr didn't want me working out or anything when I was pg with my dd. I was very active when I was pg with my ds, then he was born by c-section. I ended up pushing things and got a uterine infection and was back in the hospital with that for a couple of days. My Dr told me he didn't want me working out, long hikes in the tundra, stuff like that for 6 mos. Well, at 6 mos, I got pg with my dd. He then told me that he didn't want me starting a workout progam, because of my previous medical stuff and being pg again so soon.

Your Dr will be able to evaluate your personal situation and work out a plan with you that's going to be best for you.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:50 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• READ babycare before birth by Zita West look at amazon

baby needs fats for brain! pls eat!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:09 AM on Apr. 27, 2009