WHEN SHOULD I START BUYING BABY STUFF IM 2 MONTHS PREGNANT

Sam991

Asked by Sam991 at 1:43 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I say anytime is good. Especially diapers and wipes!! stock up now!! I started stocking up on those and small stuff. Big stuff I got from my baby showers. So you may want to wait on the big stuff!! Good luck!! And have fun!!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:48 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I'm not trying to be a black cloud but honestly wait until 5 months!!!! For one ANYHTING can happen and you don't want to be stuck with all that baby stuff, for two its more fun when you know what sex your having so you'll know what you want for him or her! But I would wait until the ultra sound, find out the sex and make sure all is well. Have fun and good luck!!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 1:48 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• when you know the sex of the baby...but now is good to hit up any diaper or butt wipe sales!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:49 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• besides diapers and wipes, i would wait till you know the sex.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:50 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Wait till you know the sex so you can know what type of clothes to get. And what color stroller and carseat to get
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 2:34 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• It's good to start now u will appreciate the fact that you did for the sake of your unborn child for when it is born. Wipes, diapers, bottle liners, bibs, white and yellow colord socks, / green possibly blue, but you can stock on all kinds of stuff for boy and or a girl. I got lots of small thangs. I am 5 months and am now getting the crib, mattress, and dresser, I already know the gender, but still it's good to wait for baby shower until then save, save, save!!!
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 3:30 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• At this point anything diaper related you can buy. I recommend buying it from the same place, if you realize that you like a certain diaper or product after baby is born it makes returns that much easier. You can also start your "wish list" for what you will register for. You can always stock up on white shocks and onsies. Start looking at all the different products and decide what brands you want! You could start searching sites like Craigslist to see if you can find someone in your area selling a crib or other baby furniture for a discount. Also this is the time to think about names! I agree with another poster who said wait a little while, at least till 2nd trimester! I had a miscarriage the first time and it was very difficult to see baby stuff and not get sad! Best of luck and Congrats!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I just answered this question in another post. LOL. I read in one of those pregnancy books or magazines that the sooner you buy stuff, the more money you spend. So if money is tight, you might want to hold off. I'm 22 weeks and I've bought the bedding, the crib, and changing table. I only bought the bedding because it was on sale from close to $400 to $125 and I've been eyeing it for over a year because it has a greyhound on it and I have two whippets (look like small greyhounds). LOL - yes I chose my bedding because of the dogs. I'm 22 weeks and we find out the sex today (hopefully as long as baby cooperates) and I am still going to hold off until after the baby shower at the end of May. Then I can see what we have from gifts and get what we really need.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:01 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I should probably add that I plan to cloth diaper, but if I were going to use regular diapers, I would have started buying them a pack or two each pay check so I wouldn't have to run out a few days after we bring the baby home.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:02 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Be careful on the size of diapers you buy. we had a TON of Newborn size Swaddlers (Sp?) while my son was 10 lbs when eh was born and went right into a size 1 so we had tons of diapers we couldn't even use.
    Mommy_Foster

Answer by Mommy_Foster at 4:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2009