husband wants no more kids

I had my daughter 9 months ago. She was not planned. My husband loves her to pieces. Yesterday he started talking about getting fixed and prices. I got pissed off at him. I want one more baby, but he does not want anymore kids. He didn't want kids to begin with. I love him and I will live with what ever gods gives me, but it breaks my heart. Is there anyone that has been in this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm sorry you are going through this. I wish I had some advice for you. Did you two discuss this before getting married?
    craftykidsclub

Answer by craftykidsclub at 1:53 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• MY husband and i talk about it and he jokes around about no more kids, it makes me sad because we said before my son we wanted 3 now he is say no more as a "joke" but im not sure if its a joke...it sucks
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 1:56 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• More than likely he's not joking. Find out his reasons for not wanting more, but not in a pushy tone or way. You two need to reconnect, sit down over wine and a simple dinner and discuss once and for all. If he does not want more children are you going to let it get in the way of your family? I'm not say do ANYTHING to appease him but occasional sacrifices for someone else's benefit does reap rewards. You have to weigh the pros and cons. Just don't push him! Try to understand him and attempt to get him to see things your way. I hate to say this but maybe he's content with one son!? I mean he might have said 3 in case the first 2 weren't boys. Look at his family tree, did he come from a large family? Either way it may aslo impact his decsion. You won't know if you don't ask. Good luck!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 2:08 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Hey you got your daughter and if he's happy with not trying for a son, which is usually what a guys wants then so be it.... Don't have anymore, but if he's the one not wanting anymore kids, then he is the one who needs to get fixed.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:13 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Sorry, I don't want anymore either; I just have one. I want my hubby to get fixed but he won't. He doesn't want more kids, but he's scared of lack of impotence. I think one kid is enough.
    You shouldn't be mad, it's what he wants. you two have to figure out how this is going to work, or you can't stay married. and i think it would be a dumb way to end a marriage. jmo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Tell him you will not get fixed. If he does it then he is not putting you or your family first. It should be a mutual decision. Or you will never forgive him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Did you go into the marriage knowing he wanted no children? If so, whatever made you beleive he'd change? People generally DON'T.

You already know the answer. This is indeed something you'll have to live with. But HE is the one who needs to get fixed. The impact on him is far less severe.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:11 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I think you are lucky to have the one you have if he didn't want any in the first place! Maybe tell him your wants and desires. Communication is key otherwise one or both of you will have resentment towards each other.
    Anonymous