Where to have a one years birthday party in August?

WHat if it Rains?
TOo Hot?
If it is indoor the kids can't really play

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What kind of kids are you having at a 1 year old's party? The rule of thumb for kids' parties is invite one child for each year, plus one; so for a one year old you should have two friends over.
    We just had lunch at home with the people who love our baby.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:54 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• At your house or another very familiar place for the child.

(1) The party is for you and the other family members. The 1-year-old won't know or care.
    (2) It will be overwhelming. Lots of people, lots of new activities, new foods... very, VERY overwhelming for young ones. Being home means one less new thing, it means a safe place to retreat to (her own room if needed), it means familiar, comforting toys.

And I agree, the rule of thumb for little friends is one per year of age plus one. I know you can't exclude family but if you want your child to enjoy this day at all, remember just how easily little ones get overstimulated, overwhelmed, and upset.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• wow i hate uptyte ppl...like were did this rule come from..ill have 15 kids at my sons 2 bday!!!!like wtf...sry!it doesnt matter...my sons birthday is in august we had it at a pond we reserved a spot it was awsome bein outside we had a lil area for th ecrawlers n we had toys for my friends and i to toss around n we had the pond to swim in if it got hot!!it was awsome.n yes hes 1 so it dont matter but its his first so dont forget tht these last 2 entries r crazy ppl to me liek these rules and at home blablabla.....do wat u feel is not overwhelming for u n wats in ur expense do wat u want its mostly for ur pleasure becus they wont rememba tru but u should still do it up...i jus got so mad an offended cus i did both things they said were rules of not doin????
    mamabear0824

Answer by mamabear0824 at 12:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Hi,

I recommend an indoor party with your closest friends and family. You are celebrating your child's first birthday. It is more of a celebration for the parent(s) than your child. I wouldn't go nuts - just have something small and intimate. The baby will not know if other kids are there or whether the party is for her/him. That's what I did for my daughter's first b'day. As my daughter got older, around 5, then I did the funtime america, party places, etc. These are easy and you get to enjoy yourself as well. They usually cost the same as if you were to have it at your home anyway. I did the math from previous parties I had for my daughter and it was actually a little cheaper.
    otter64

Answer by otter64 at 12:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• maybe just your house. we did that, in july, had a kiddie pool, cake the usual, if it rains then maybe go to the kids' room and play there.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 2:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• depends

1. where are you? Are there beaches or lakes nearby? Pools? If it rains,t here are usually covered areas.
    2. All one year olds or other kids attending? THere are places you can rent, if you can afford, that offer games or activies for all ages. One is a bit young though.
    3. I always like the zoo :)
    4. Home is fun too. Can do inside and out. Get some decorates, set up the camera, have some little games that the toddler may be able to do .
    Anonymous

• In San Antonio Texas , Just Add Children. ages 1 thru 10 come visit us online at justaddchildren.com
    JustAddChildren

Answer by JustAddChildren at 12:38 PM on Jun. 11, 2009