Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know of a good attorney to fight a case for the loss of a child?

I was pregnant with identical twin boys. I was diagnosed with twin-to-twin transfussion syndrome. My boys were delivered when I was 24 1/2 weeks pregnant. My first born son died 5 days after he was born, my second son had a hard time than recovered and was doing great for about a week and a half than I was told that he had an air leak. They didnt do anything about it and just watched it. Until it burst and now my son is fighting for his life. I've been there for the last 5 days with out leaving, having minimal sleep and hardly anything to eat. I've watched the nurses and how they treat my son, some do great and others don't even notice his IV went bad on several occassions I've had to tell them about my sons skin or a bleed or things that I've noticed. I do it because I'm his mom but there getting paid to do that. Now, I'm being told that my son is probably not gonna make it. I am keeping faith and hope but he's not.........

Answer Question

Asked by babyangelromero at 2:08 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 17 (4,048 Credits)
Answers (37)
  • cont..... getting proper care and I'm very upset about it. I've already lost a son and now I might lose another and he was doing fine he was stable and now hes fighting for his life. Something is definetly wrong with this hospital. Do you guys know how I can go about getting an attorney and the type of attorney I need to go after the hospital if my son does die. Please let me know.

    Answer by babyangelromero at 2:10 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

  • I want to get my church to pray for your son, what is his name?

    Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:12 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

  • Carter is my surviving son who is fighting for his life and Cliff is my son's name who passed.

    Answer by babyangelromero at 2:17 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

  • My heart goes out to you!!!! I am sooo sorry you are endurring this right now, but what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger. Now as far as attorney's go I would go to your public defender's office and see if they can point you in the right direction, don't use phone book or tv commercial lawyers. Do some reasearch or have some one do it for you to find the propper lawyer, but if you can't afford it then go to public defender's office!!!! Don't give up or back down from this, its awful and foul. I am sorry you and yours are being treated so poorly! Keep your head up and for goodness sakes eat something please, you need to keep your strength up for him! Get some rest too(easier said then done I know, but try!), not just for your body but your mind too!!! If you continue like this you're gona crash and then you won't be any good to yourself or oyur son! Take care, God bless and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

    Answer by ladyd6280 at 2:19 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

  • The lawyer needs to specialize in malpractice.

    Answer by ladyd6280 at 2:20 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

  • okay we have some really good prayer warriors so think positively ! Carter is in Paoli Baptist Churches prayers ASAP!

    Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:21 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

  • I am so sorry for your loss and know that you are so hurt. I do not think you have a case for malpractice though.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

  • thank you moms so much, Yes it has been very hard We just got our first son's cremains back on Friday and this is happening. If they knew he had an air leak why did they wait for it to pop? If they saw that his tummy was blue why are they doing an ultra sound tomorrow? If my son is very fragile why team him up with a nurse who was also watching an almost full term baby? If I lose my son I don't know what I'll do. I'm going after that hospital. I was told that it was the best place to be but I don't believe it. This wou;dn't have happened.

    Answer by babyangelromero at 2:24 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

  • They cannot do anything for an air leak, they have to watch it. There's nothing else to be done. They have monitors on your baby, they are watching your baby. A full-term infant in the nicu has to have problems too. You don't know the severity of that situation either. I am so sorry for your loss but reading back on yoru history you have had a very difficult pregnancy. You should focus on your baby in the hospital. I really do not htink you have adequate evidence for a lawsuit or malpractice. You are grieving and it is normal to be angry and question. You should ask for some counseling to help get you through

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

  • Get a attorney close by and see if they will do it pro- bono for you! This is not right!

    Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:36 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.