Do you think the government may be using the swine flu to scare us all into....

well I don't know what...but scare us into something? Maybe this is another terrorist attack? A way of getting us to believe one thing that may not necessarily be true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://turnerradionetwork.blogspot.com/2009/04/prepare-to-die-its-been-planned-and-has.html
    Anonymous

• YES I AGREE not about terrorist attack, but a way to make money i guarantee you they will come out with a vax for the swine flu. and it will scare people and theyll pay to get their shots...

and any medicine there is that can stop it...

im not saying its not real, but i think they blow it out of proportion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Currently there isn't a vaccine for this strain of the swine flu, and it won't roll around till next year at the earliest.

Tamiflu is already known to relieve the symptoms.

Keep in mind that most of the deaths have been in Mexico and Mexico City has been especially hard hit. Considering the pollution in Mexico City, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that the deaths are amongst those with already severely compromised immune systems due to respiratory illnesses related to pollution.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:05 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• One more thing to consider. Last year, the regular old flu killed about 36,000 people in the US.

So...be concerned, be cautious as usual...but don't panic. Keep it in proportion.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:07 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I don't put anything past the government.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 4:09 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Pass the Reynolds Wrap, please.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:47 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Yes I think so. Martial law maybe?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:38 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• and it will scare people and theyll pay to get their shots...

***
    And what would be so horrible about receiving a shot/vax to PREVENT contracting this illness?! Are you so against protecting your children in order to make a "statement" that you would risk them getting a totally cure-able/preventable disease or illness?!

In case you didn't know...Autism is NOT caused by vaccinations! My children are Autistic, and they get ALL of their vaccinations on schedule including an annual flu shot! Their brain, physical and speech development has improved DRAMATICALLY over the past 5+ years since they were diagnosed at age 2, and we've been heavily involved in various therapies! Improvements wouldn't be happening if vaccinations caused brain damage!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:50 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• "Never let a good crisis go to waste."

Yeah, I'm sure that the government will find some way to use this to their advantage.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:32 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Gosh, I hadn't even thought of a government connection to swine flu. I think if they had something that would prevent it they would put it out there. We are having crisis after crisis, the last thing we need is a pandemic. I was watching the news last night and they kept stating 'confirmed' cases, because there may be many more mild cases out there. This may have been around already for a while and unfortunately there is no way of knowing. One of the US cases started taking tamiflu within the first day of symptoms and was feeling better within 12 hours. I think it's more important that you recognize symptoms and be proactive. Instead of trying to tie government conspiracy to this (and I love me some conspiracy theory, seriously).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:08 AM on Apr. 27, 2009