• In the Spotlight:

Inducing Labor

Is it true that walking and having sex helps induce labor? Is there any others ways to help labor happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well it can help it if your body is ready... and its not the sex, its the semen that is released.. it helps soften your cervix. IF it is ready to be softened. but in the end, youll only go into labor when your body and baby are ready for it.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:56 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• They don't help you GO INTO labor, but they do help it to progress if you are already in labor (even very early labor that you might not realize it) Your body will go into labor when that child is ready to come out. Let them stay in there as long as they need to. I walked with both my labors and the first was about 7 hours long and the second was about 5 hours long.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:52 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Well we tried the sex thing... has sex at 10 in the morning... went into labor that night. I was probably already in early labor (Like the PP said) because I was having irregular contractions... but it seemed to get things going.. good luck!
    Mommy_Foster

Answer by Mommy_Foster at 4:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2009