If you could put an end to ONE false belief/half-truth/rumor about your religion/spiritual path/lack of religion what would it be?

If you could put an end to ONE false belief/half-truth/rumor about another religion/spiritual path/lack there of what would it be?

THIS is not meant to cause drama or create an outlet for bashing. If you have nothing to offer, please move on....this is meant to be a learning experience for all those who are interested.

anetrnlov

Asked by anetrnlov at 5:04 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• there IS a God.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:08 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• That Paganism is actually a very peaceful belief system that has nothing to do with worshipping and evil forces, human sacrifice or baby killing.

That being Atheist does not mean a person is cold hearted and cannot appreciate the wonderful things that occur in life....like giving birth.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 5:21 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• That just because I don't believe in God neither means that I secretly do and am willfully rejecting him nor that I am completely devoid of beliefs and am deficient in some way and needing to be fixed.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 6:24 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• That all Christians think they have it all together and they hate everyone who doesn't believe as they do.
    AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 6:44 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I'm gonna go with the "your going down the wrong path because you don't believe in god" one as well (I've gotten it from Jewish people too, not just christians).
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 7:25 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• That Satanists do NOT worship Satan.
    That Witches do NOT worship Satan and do exist.
    That Witches are not illusionists that can make rabbits appear.
    That Christianity DID absorb Pagan traditions and beliefs and today knows little of it's true form yet hates Paganism for being anything but Christian...

I can keep going, but I won't! lol!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:15 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• That Christians are all brainwashed, unhappy, scared into our beliefs, and forced to share our faith. That we run around telling everyone they're going to hell if they don't believe as we do, and that we shove our beliefs down other's throats.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:16 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• -That being atheist means you worship satan: we worship nothing.
    -That being atheist means you are angry at god or religion: we do not believe in either.
    -That being atheist means we have no morals or are "lost" or "doomed"
    -That being atheist means we are clueless about religion: most of us know quite a lot about it.

But the one that pisses me off the most:

That being atheists means we choose NOT to believe, even though we know god exists...as if we are naughty children trying to be contrary...

NO, we just do not accept the evidence that exists as credible!
    Delabe

Answer by Delabe at 8:19 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I would like people to understand that just because I am a Pagan does not mean that I hate Christians. I would like people to know that I do not worship evil. I would like them to know that my Rede keeps me from hurting anyone. I do not curse anyone. It is distasteful to me, the idea of using my abilities to cause harm to anyone
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 8:34 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• "That being atheists means we choose NOT to believe, even though we know god exists...as if we are naughty children trying to be contrary..."

I think this one is the one that pisses me off most too. Although this one is close to the top also.

"That being Atheist does not mean a person is cold hearted and cannot appreciate the wonderful things that occur in life....like giving birth."

my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 8:35 AM on Apr. 27, 2009