we went to the local park/ranch today !!

I didnt know about the swine flu until I got home and all you ladies are talking about it...they have pigs there YIKES...!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Health

• seriously you have a higher chance of getting in a car accident driving to the store than catching swine flu. Besides petting zoos are one of the worse things a parent can take a child too and very few parents balk at that,.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:45 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i don't see why a petting zoo is a bad thing pagirl.... farm animals are not going to make you sick.

i can understand op's concern about swine flu but i hardly think it would be in a petting zoo.....
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 8:35 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• farm animals won't make you sick, I beg to differ.
    Pinworms, Tapeworms, fleas Murine Typhus, endemic typhus, cat scratch fever, ticks, rocky mountain spotted fever from those parasites, Lymes disease, west nile virus, tick fever,STARI,salmonella, bird flu, ecoli, staph and various forms of strep and MRSA. Just to name a few.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I take my son to the petting zoo at our local zoo all the time and he loves it, and is still living and uninfected. I think kids get sick more often from day care then from a petting zoo. See there is an amazing thing called hand sanitizer... or good ol' soap and water.... I

As for the swine flu... it is passed human to human. I am sure that you have nothing to worry about. All you need to do is make sure that you are following normal "Flu Precautions"... hand washing, toy sanitizing, ect....
    Mommy_Foster

Answer by Mommy_Foster at 4:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• We DIDNT go to the petting zoo! Its a ranch, horses, pigs farm animals etc. we didnt pet them either
    Anonymous