Can't one wear a certain style w/o someone saying "you're a wanna be" or "you're ashamed of your roots"?

I like Japanese fashion and makeup. But since I'm not Japanese but a Filipina, I've been told I'm a wanna be Japanese or I'm ashamed of my own roots. I like the style. Does preference fashion sense should be considered against your culture?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• tell those people to mind their own effing business.
    julie.r0cks

Answer by julie.r0cks at 9:12 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I agree with above...Be your own person..wear stuff that makes you happy and feel pretty..everyone has an opinion and you can't please them all so focus on pleasing yourself!!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:46 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• You should wear whatever you feel like! But it would be different to see a white girl in one of those african-american wraps with all the colors in it! LOL You always get looked at or talked about for being different. You do what you like!!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• wear what makes you happy!!! you don't have to explain yourself to anyone
    importedmama

Answer by importedmama at 6:26 PM on Apr. 28, 2009