What are the best campgrounds in the Pigeon Forge area?

We are looking for a campground near Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg. We don't want to be right in the middle of everything, but close enough that we can enjoy the attractions if we want to. Would it be better to stay farther out or stay closer and find a campground that offers the trolley service for the area?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Travel

• There are some great campgrounds right inside Pigeon Forge, and you do not even feel like you are in the city limits. This one is a really good one http://www.eaglesnestcampground.com/ my in-laws have stayed there and its close enough to walk to some places and I believe the trolley runs there. Google it and see if you find any others that you might be interested in, you can pm me if you have questions about them, I live pretty close and can check them out for you. Good luck and have fun. Oh one tip call ahead early to make reservations they fill up fast!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 9:36 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• The road that runs back south from gatliburg back to cherokee NC has some very nice camping areas. Its not right in PF or GBRG, but its close. Its right on the river.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2009