Anyone been to Greece (specifically Athens or any of the islands) with young children?

We're stationed in Germany and are planning a trip to Greece this summer for about a week. It will be our last big trip before we move stateside. We have a daughter who will be 2 in a month. She generally does pretty well on trips. Our last big trip was in Dec. to Rome and we didn't take the stroller. DH carried her in the back carrier everywhere and it was all good. However, she is obviously heavier than she was then. And it is going to be HOT. So I'm thinking the carrier is a no go. We have a jogging stroller but it's big. So I'm unsure of whether to bother with it or not and just let her walk with us. Thoughts?

Also, any island recommendations, taking my 2 yr old into consideration? I know there are so many and I've spent so much time lately researching everything. They all just sound wonderful!!! lol We want to do an island for a few days and then back to Athens for a few days. I've been looking at Santorini.

soldierswifey05

Asked by soldierswifey05 at 8:32 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Travel

• Sorry, not with kids. When I was a teenager we went to Crete and it was awesome. We rented a little villa because the base couldn't take us. (Dad was in the military). That's the only thing I can comment on, is that Crete was really great.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 9:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Okay let me tell ya this i learned the hard way, make sure you have a stroller with rubber whells not the plastic kind.. but i would bring a stroller and a hat its hot, and its safer with a stroller no chance of getting lost..
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 12:29 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Thanks so much! Yeah, our jogging one has the big rubber "real" wheels on it. I just wasn't sure how easy it would be taking it on the ferry to the island and such. But I guess no more of a hassle than taking it through the airports. We're in Athens for a few days and decided on the island of Naxos for a few days as well. Naxos will be my first time on a beach. I cannot wait!
    soldierswifey05

Answer by soldierswifey05 at 1:06 AM on Apr. 29, 2009