jersey shore vacation

planning a vacation to the jersey shore, but not sure where exactly is a good place to stay with my 18 month old. any suggestions? or, if you think Long Island is better, where is good to go exactly? I hear montauk, but again, where is good to stay w/ a toddler. I live in the NY/NJ area (never vacationed here) so I'm open to other suggestions where I can reach by driving within 3 hrs or so... Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Travel

• Wildwood New Jersey is a good vacation spot. Just remember though most are family owned hotels on the Jersey Shore and not chains so their usually not the same.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:45 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Wildwood is nice, I've only been there for day trips. I grew up in Ocean COunty on the beach near seaside heights....I don't suggest Seaside Heights, however Point PLeasant has a really nice family atmosphere.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 8:48 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i grew up in new jersey.. i love love love seaside heights but i dont think i would recommend it for a toddler. i agree.. point pleasant would be really nice for a family.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 9:07 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I'm a big fan of Long Beach Island, specifically, Beach Haven. VERY VERY VERY family friendly.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:19 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I lived 9 years inJersey and always went to Seaside. Though we skipped the boardwalk and hit the national seashore the other side of town.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 4:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2009