Am I the only one not afraid of the swine flu?

I've read a lot of information about it, but haven't seen the words death, bleeding from rectum, or uncontrollable vomiting. why is it so scary to people? it is just another strain of flu as far as I'm concerned. those happen. life goes on.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Health

• Some people thrive not only on fear, but the fear from others. I'm not one of them lol. I have real things to fear and even then, they don't comsume me.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:45 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• actually i heard people did die from it in mexico i think it was. but no i am with you its not sending me into a frenzy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Apparently those with compromised health, the elderly and young children are those most likely to suffer the worst, and I do not fit any of these catagories, so I'm not too concerned, but am watchful.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:54 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• You haven't heard that over 100 people have died so far in Mexico? Are you living under a rock, or what? =D
    julie.r0cks

Answer by julie.r0cks at 9:01 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• but that is Mexico... people still live in shanties, piled up to the rafters in a one room house and clean running water isn't as common there as you think..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Yea i'm not scared of it either, people go into a panic about these things. I mean it would suck if my family got it, but it would be no different than any other flu.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:20 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Because people have and can die from it if they don't get treated right away. Not afraid, YET.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• lifeasinoit, that is not true. This virus has affected those that are not the "norm" victims of the flu. It has affected young and otherwise healthy adults. Everyone is at equal risk with this one. That being said, I am not going to stop living my life over it. I'll just pray and keep on going while still exercising the necessary common sense-precautions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I have never even heard of it until today. But then, I don't watch tv either. Lol. Maybe that's why?
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 10:01 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• it's called "scare tactics" and the media uses it quite a lot. they make everyone scared shitless and use big words like "pandemic" so everyone will freak out. I'm not scared either , I don't really trust what the t.v says because I never know for sure if it's true or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Apr. 27, 2009