what do u do w/ 5 yr old who calls his mom a fat b**** and i wish u would die?

i have a friend whos son is horriable i dont like my children being around him.. i caught him saying to my 3 yr old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Wow. What the hell is going on in that child's home? He's getting this from somewhere - kids aren't born inherently evil.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:25 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I think I'd have one less friend. It definitely sounds as though there is something major wrong with him. Either that or your friend is one heck of a lame excuse for a mother to let him behave that way. If I were you, I'd break off this friendship and let her know why. The well being of your children is your first priority.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 9:27 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I think there is something seriously wrong with that child. Something mentally wrong, early signs of social mental disorders can be cruelty to an animal. This is more than just a bad kid. Either something BAD is happening at home or something is not right in his head. I suggest you tell your friend to get her son counseling and to a psychologist and keep your children away from him.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 9:32 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• There is something wrong with his child. It might be something wrong with him mentally, or something going on at home that is making him act this way. I would talk to your friend about him, do a little research and bringing it up in a non-threatening way. And if she refuses to step up and help the boy, then I would say you need to cut ties with her. You don't want your children around that enviroment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I would know my friends child was hearing a lot of verbal abuse and foul language at home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• chances are he heard it somewhere and just repeated it- kids do that. If you catch him then mention to him that you do not like those words and it is not okay to teach them to your child.
    Angelbluewingsz

Answer by Angelbluewingsz at 12:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Have you spoken to your friend about this? Maybe she needs some parenting help. The kids don't come up with these things on their own.
    Anonymous

• A 5yr old who swears at his mother does not mean there is something wrong with the child. At 5, the child prob goes to school and is exposed to peer language. Also that b word is now accepted on cable tv. On the other hand the disrespect needs to be addressed, children will push the behavior and etc to check the limits, this doesnt stop at the 2yr old tantrums. If this is your friends child, and u are concerned your child/ren may pick up the behavior, avoid having the children together for a while. U can still be her friend, call, talk online, get together without the kids, etc. But remember, as your children get older u can control thier enviroment less and less and they will be exposed to all kinds of bad behavior. Teaching ur children to internalize the reasons for respect and responsibility will help them grow to be secure and happy adults, regardless of what they see their friends doing. Good luck!
    c_k_71

Answer by c_k_71 at 3:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Wow. I would be washing that little mouth right out with soap! But my 2 year old called me a dumbass the other day. I was so shocked. I gave him a timeout. Not sure thats going to work in this case.
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 7:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2009