Does anyone know of any volunteer things my 13 year old can do to help her w/ her self esteem ?

with child labor laws..noone wants a 13 year old..

Asked by dottief13 at 6:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Try for places looking for help in your area!

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• have you tried having her voulunteer at a daycare? or the boy's and girls club? or a local theatrical group?

Answer by caidensmommy516 at 6:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Also maybe she can set up her own "drive" for something. How about a school supply drive for the upcoming school year for kids that can't afford them?

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• She can be a candy stiper in a hospital. Or help a neighbor who has a lot of kids. Read to them, play games etc.

Answer by Arbonne-me at 6:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• She can volunteer at a nursing hime. those old people love the youmger kids' attention. And it gives them something to look forward too. And she would probably enjoy it too.

Answer by januet at 7:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I started volunteer "candy striping" at the hospital when I was a teenager, but I can't remember how old I was, I think I was 14, but different hospitals have different rules.You'd have to call and find out what their age limit is. Check with your local nursing home like a previous poster suggested, I'm sure they'd love to have a young person come in and read to the residents or just have company. Also, check with the local animal shelter. They might need someone to come in and walk the dogs or hold the kittens.

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• She can volunteer at a nursing home,maybe she can read to them or just talk to them. Also maybe she can help a Sunday school teacher with younger kids. Or maybe even help at a animal shelter. Good luck to her

Answer by christene at 9:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Try the food shelf or local "soup kitchen" salvation army has one in almost every town. Animal shelter is a good one too!

Answer by wheresthewayout at 9:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• See if your church has a group of kids that will be in town that are already set up to help out others in your town or city. I know that my church has an army of kids coming in to help people mow their yards, clear debris from around houses, painting the houses and other things. she could do that kind of thing and will be with other kids near her age.

Answer by pinkcalla721 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• local animal shelter, elderly in the area that may need some assistance (yard work or light house duty at times or just someone to talk to), help out with kids or help out with a family with lots of little kids or a family that has a child with special needs (maybe someone knows from church or school-to play with that child-play a game, make a craft, listen to music, etc. ),

Answer by lifeisajoy at 11:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2008