Anyone know of a good, fiction book to read?

Heading to the library soon and wanted to get a new book to read. Anyone have any suggestions?

ABryn1011

Asked by ABryn1011 at 9:42 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What are you interested in? I've read some really good books lately I could recommend but you may not like them.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:43 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Rose Madder by Stephen King. Excellent read.
    blakebrm

Answer by blakebrm at 9:43 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I don't really like mysteries or gory, murder books. I'm definitely a girly girl.
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 9:44 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Try "She's Come Undone" by Wally Lamb. It's so incredible. When you're reading it, you keep having to check the author jacket b/c you become absolutly sure that a man COULD NOT have written that book!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:47 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Can You Keep a Secret by Sophie Kinsella.  That was definately one of my favorite books (Chick Lit)

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:47 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Rachel's Holiday by Marianne Keyes.  I normally wouldn't have found interest in that book because it talks about drug addiction but it was a great read.  It's a girly book too.

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Sophila Kinsella has GREAT chick lit books! All her books are good.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Ok! I have a list started, but would love to have more suggestions! I recently lost my job, so I'll have a lot of free time before the baby comes! Thanks Ladies!
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I've just about finished this book called The Wednesday Letters by Jason Wright and I'm loving it so far.  I started it yesterday morning and it will be finished before noon today  =) 

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I second the She's Come Undone suggestion. Also I am a big fan of Jodi Piccoult's books, though quite a few of them leave you crying and they don't necessarily have a happy ending if that's what you're looking for. I also like Billie Letts' books. She wrote Where the Heart Is. I think she has two others besides. Mitch Albom is another good author. The Lovely Bones is a good one, but I can't remember who the author is at the moment.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:55 AM on Apr. 27, 2009