What is the norm for having a baby shower for the second child? Do or Don't?

My children will be 6 years apart, so obviously I havn't kept much of my son's stuff. I passed it on to friends that were having boys. Is it ok to have a 2nd shower or not?

Cristancherie

Asked by Cristancherie at 9:49 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I see nothing wrong with having another shower. Each child is a blessing and deserves to be celebrated.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I had a boy and a girl, so had baby shower for both.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I am with you, I felt kind of funny having a second baby shower, but my mom wanted to throw it for me and I didn't say NO. I just kept the invite list to family. We already had our baby so it was more of a "check out the new guy" type of party! :)
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 9:52 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Yes, have a baby shower. Your children are 6 years apart. The point of a baby shower is so that the parents can get the things that they need for the baby.

My boys are 2 years apart and I did not have a second baby shower. When we do get pregnant the next time, I would like to have a baby shower. There will be at least a 3 1/2 to 4 year age gap when we do eventually have another baby. We're not TTC yet though.

Congrats on the new baby!! :)
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 9:55 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My first two were 6 yrs apart then 14 yrs later I had baby #3 and 12 mos later, baby #4, and I had 2 baby showers with each one. I see nothing wrong with having a baby shower for each of your babies as long as you're not the one having for yourself. That's very tacky and an etiquette no-no. If you have friends who want to give you a baby shower, I think that's great. Best Wishes to you and your new little one!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:01 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Of course it's fine to have another shower.I did don't tell us you still have everything you need for a new baby after 6 years. It's fine your preggo good food and CAKE people getting together is always nice and the more you have for baby the better..
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:22 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Yes....I think the old days of one shower is over. Plus this is 6 yrs later. Its not likely you have anything left.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:51 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• nothing wrong with it at all. no one keeps everything. i didnt even have one for my son but had 2 for my daughter. i felt loved and blessed!!
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i did and i asked for diapers since my son will only be about 17 months old when this baby gets here. and certainly every baby is a blessing and deserving some kind of welcoming! good luck!
    gurlieracer4

Answer by gurlieracer4 at 12:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Do what you want. I think it is tacky to throw your own but if you have family or friends willing to throw you one then go for it. My oldest was 12 when I got pregnant again so talk about having no baby things in the house lol.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2009