how can i make my mom stop butting in when i am dealing with my daughter?

i live at two different places , because my boyfriend works alot away from home and i have to stay with my mom for a bit because i am a high risk preg. because of my rh- blood. i aslo have almost 4 yo daughter which is a normal diva. but sometimes my mom butts in more then i think she should and it drives me mad and i try to tell her that she is over stepping me and i think its wrong ... but it leads us into a horrible fight.... yes she has helped out alot sents my 4yo was born but is that still a right for her to over rulling me with my owe daughter ? and what esle can i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• have a heart to heart with her. Tell her that even if she wants to butt in, even if she is right (just to make her feel good) that you would rather learn for yourself. All parents need to learn about parentng, & sometimes its harder to learn when someone else is butting in. Tell her that it feels offensive, & it makes you feel like less of a mom (this is how i felt when MIL did this to me) when she is telling you how to do things. Tell her that you want a healthy relationship with her & that you want your daughter to see her mother & grandmother love & respect eachother. Maybe tell her, that if you need her help, you will ask her, but otherwise you would like to do things your way. You can say all this & be nice to her. Just sit her down, & talk to her from your heart. Tell her you love her & all that you want to have a good relationship with her. Ask her to do this favor for you, it shouldn't be THAT hard.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:00 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• You just need to tell her she is your child and she needs to respect how you raise her even if she disagrees and needs to butt out.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Just remind your mom that she's the grandma now and not a serogate mother. You appreciate everything she's done for you thus far, but when it comes to how you deal with yours she can have her oppinion and express it to you anywhere away from your daughter but she can't overstep you.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• you are there asking your mom for help so what your saying is when you feel like shit you leave it up to your mom but when you feel fine and can deal with your daughter you what your mother to but out well im sorry to tell you you are under your mothers roof so really what your mother saids go. My step kids have different rules when there under our roof so it's just the same..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Apr. 27, 2009