"Do you believe in aliens?" spin-off

For those of you who said you do believe in extra terrestrials, but they have never come to Earth, how do you explain the ancient "evidence" of aliens, or the Bible stories about "chariots in the sky" and weird creatures that come from the sky?
Do you think that it was purely imagination? Misinterpreted artwork? Something else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe in extra terrestrials but I'm really not that educated about it just a few things i've read about them.
    Rebeccaroe

Answer by Rebeccaroe at 10:03 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• No, I don't and I'm originally from Roswell,NM. Maybe that's why, because they've made it so commercialized,and into such a tourist trap, it's hard to take any of it seriously. But, I still didn't believe,even before it became so tourist friendly. Just hard to fathom for me. I honestly think if it were true, God would have mentioned it in the Bible.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• This question was directed at those who DO believe, but thanks for at least explaining why you don't and not just saying "because there isn't any proof." ;-)

I lived in NM for about 6 years, and I've been to Roswell. If it weren't for all the aliens, that town would be nothing to speak of, lol. I was actually kind of disappointed...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Of course I believe in Aliens! Just look at all the stars out there, odds are that ONE of those trilions of stars has a plantet cirling it with some type of life form on it. Every time i look at the night sky, I wonder......"how can people NOT believe in aliens".
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:21 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Some people actually beleive that Aliens helped give our planet life. I would not be surprised, they are probably our god that created us as their lil experiment....LOL! Also, there are is some evidence that leads to this belief, it's just as crazy as the bible....so i'm not shocked people believe in it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:28 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I believe in aliens. My own mom and grandfather saw a UFO. If you look into ancient Mayan culture, their ruler was said to have come from the sky, was a giant in comparison to them, and in the ancient tombs where his image is depicted, he is shown to be leaving for the sky in some sort of mechanical ship. It's quite interesting if you read about it or catch it on the History Channel. And with that, there is also the Nazca Lines in Peru, Incan gold figures that resemble planes, the pyramids. It all fascinates me.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I posted a couple of links in the OP to videos/documentaries about that kind of thing.
    Anonymous

• sounds like your into scientology.
    I believe in the possibility of their being other "aliens". Sure they could have come to Earth. But a majority of the stories you hear about are people with overactive imaginations, or nut cases. The few that remain are called UFO's.. because the people that saw them, aren't sure what exactly it was they were viewing. It could have just been an airplane they were unfamiliar with. There isn't enough prove to say one way or the other at this point, because there are too many possibilities that can still say it was one thing or another.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Hazel, did you even bother reading the description?

And Scientology? No, I think that's just weird. Not the premise, but the "religion" itself.
    Anonymous

• I believe. I hope the aliens that come to visit are not into anal probing any more because that is just wrong!

Scientology is based on the writings of a failed sc-fi writer.
    Anonymous