How can I get thru.......

the hurt that I'm feeling?

Mom is in her last stages of Alzheimer’s. The pain is overwhelming. ======== tears, tears, tears

Pray for her please. Pinky

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I used to work with alzheimer elderly people, and it is sad, my grandma had it for 10 years before she passed away. Said a prayer for you. She may not know who you are, but just spend time with her, and maybe show her pictures of you and family. Remember good things about her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Sweetie, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. God bless you both. I will be praying for you and her. I know how insidious Alzheimer's is. My favorite Uncle was taken from us with it, but he was gone long before he passed away. He didn't know any of us,and it is so tragic and hard to see someone you love go through it. Just know I'll be praying. If you need anything,you can always PM me.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 10:05 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I'm so sorry you're going through this right now. I know it's hard to watch a loved one go through something like this. My grandmother went through a rough time with asthma and pulmonary lung disease before she passed away and that was so hard to watch. So MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU!!!

jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:28 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• This is one of the hardest illnesses to deal with. My mother is caretaking for HER mother in law who is also in advanced stages of alzheimers and dementia. Its awful to see someone you love go through this level of torment, fear and pain. None of this womans children want anything to do with her other than her son thats married to my mom. That makes me sad, but I wonder if its because they cant stand to see her like that so they stay away. She does odd things and doesnt know who anyone is anymore. How scary. I pray that God will give you strength to endure the hard times and enjoy the good times. I pray that she would be in peace in her mind and her body and that she would suffer as little as possible. I pray that God will give you peace to let her go and know in your heart shes in a better place. Good luck to you.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:48 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I'm so sorry.....I know it's hard, my hubby lost one brother to this mind stealer and now his other older brother is in mid stage.... (my sister is married to his brother so she calls me often and I understand her pain..) it stroke both his older brother while they were about mid 50's and by the time you could really tell his brother Bill had it he was 59, he's 63 now. he had been in denial and covered it until he was doing things like not remembering how to pump gas, directions to their daughters house, my hubby is 61 and had Cancer in 2006-2007 so we're hoping he inherited that and missed the Alzheimer’s....
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 1:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• op ---- Thank you ladies from the bottom of my heart for very kind words.

It is her worse nightmare come true and that is what is paining me. It robs you of your self worth of a human being. I understand what you are saying lisarose45 about inheriting cancer instead of Alz. I just question God during this time. Mom always prays in silence but I doubt if he hears her.

Where is God in her time in need? tears tears tears
    Anonymous

• Turn to God, and keep to your prayers.
    Tell God how you feel.
    I will pray for her.
    God bless
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• God is always there.
    Where is your faith and trust in God in her time in need?
    Of course he hears her. Do not forget who we are talking about.
    GB
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 3:16 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Oh honey. I'm so sorry.

you're in my heart
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 3:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• op here,

I believe in angels here on earth and all you ladies are my angels. Thank you for your prayers/ good thoughts towards my mom Pinky as it was her nickname as a child.

You all are #1 Best Answer. Thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Apr. 29, 2009