GRRRR!!! CAN YOU TRAIN A CAT TO PUKE ON LINOLEUM?? LOL

I've tried everything. She constantly either has hairballs, or eats little bits of plastic that we didn't know were around. As a result, she throws up! I've tried every trick possible to stop her from puking on the carpet. Lame!!!

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 10:08 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pets

• you can feed her canned pumpkin. it helped my siamese stop puking. good luck it was advice from my vet.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:09 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• haha, my dog is actually really good about going into our bathroom to barf on the vinyl floor if he is feeling sick, but of course sometimes he doesn't quite make it. Thankfully I have berber that is pre-treated and easy to clean.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:11 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My dog always likes the carpeting to puke on too! LOL! I thought the very same thing though.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:23 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I give my long hair salmom flavor hairball jell.. it says once every couple of months but ah-las she still pukes on my carpet when she does... lol....but thankfully we only have a med. size throw and all hardwood floors...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:04 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I believe that cats, and dogs, puke on the carpet as an act of rebellion. If you figure out the trick to get them to stop you could be rich!! :-) But yes, go get some salmom flavored hairball OTC meds at the pet store or Wal-mart. My cats loved that stuff.
    two_princesses

Answer by two_princesses at 1:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• my cat, don vito puss was my nemesis for years. nothing like walkingout of your room in the am and stepping in a pile of vomit or having to keep your furniture covered because of vomit. i tried every hairball rmedy known to man, gels,pastes and even foods, to no avail. if i caught him in the midst of puking i would grab him and run to the kitchen. now we have a new house and a large garage which the cats now reside in. and i changed their food and avoid any kind of fish or seafood on reccommendation from another who had suffered the puking blues. to my astonishment, the puking hasnt completely stopped.. now he only pukes once in a blue moon, i think he was sensitive to the fish/seafood which helped contribute insome way to his puking... dont ask me, i just know i took her advice and got them new food and now he isnt a puker and he is a totally opposite cat than he was now he is happy playful and fat.not much puking going on
    devonsmom

Answer by devonsmom at 7:20 PM on May. 4, 2009