Acne?!

I normally have really clear skin, except sometimes during that time of the month I get a few pimples. Well it's that time again lol and I seem to have gotten one on my lip. This has happened to be only once in my life. It's really sore and the side of my lip is a little swollen. What can/should I do to make it feel better and go away faster? You help will be appreciated! Thanks so much!

Morgan.

Asked by Morgan. at 10:14 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• It will hurt like hell but pop it!!!! It grosses me out to think of a zit on my lip popping or oozing on it's own so close to my mouth, ewwwwwww. I used to get them on my lip, thankfully haven't had one in a while.
    Happy popping!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:17 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• She's right! Pop it, then take a q-tip and use one end to get the stuff off, and the other end to put a tiny little dab of rubbing alcohol on it. That'll dry it out. Then DO NOT touch it, even though it will be hard not to. They go away so much faster if you just leave them alone!

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:20 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Thank you so much!
    Will a cold compress help with the swelling at all??
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 10:24 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• a hot compress will bring it to the surface. You can also put on a dab of toothpaste to dry it out b4 poping if it isn't ready yet.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Once you pop it, rub it with alchol to kill the germs. you can put preperation-H on it for the swelling. (that stuff for hemroids) only a dab though! Clean it off after a couple of hours b/c it's greasy and you dont want it filling the hole back up. Buy an acne treatment that has salicidic acid in it and dab it on the spot. I've been using Tea tree oil and it's wonderful. Smells like paint thinner, but my skin has never looked better!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• No don't pop it! It will take longer to heal and can cause scarring or a dark red mark that last a long time! Don't pop! Apply heat for two minutes then afterwards apply ice for two minutes. The heat opens up the pore and the cold helps with redness and inflamation. Try the Avon Clearskin Advanced Acne System. It will keep you from breaking out and help clear up what you've already got. www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping! GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 10:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• go to www.marykay.com/elisaangulo and look at the acne treatment gel. It's $7.00 and this is the description on it "For blemishes, smooth on Acne Treatment Gel. It's clinically proven to dry and clear acne blemishes, allowing skin to heal."
    ranze11617

Answer by ranze11617 at 12:44 AM on Apr. 28, 2009