Sign Language for Babies?

I'd like to teach my son (19 mos) sign language. So far I've successfully taught him "more" and he can sign when he wants more food or milk, but he came to me this morning signing he wanted "more" when he really wanted "milk" because he hadn't had anything to eat or drink yet.

Does anyone know of any good sites for baby sign language? I can't afford to buy any books or dvds right now, so it's up to the internet to teach me. I also need something that will help me teach him, because I'm not the best teacher in the world and as consistent as I try to be, I'm not that great at it.

I should add that right now he only says "dada, mama, and Hi" right now. He mimics tones more than words, and his doctor is concerned that he isn't talking enough.

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 10:30 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Signing time and Baby Signing Time DVDs are available at my public library. you should check out your library. Those are good ones...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:39 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My husband is taking sign language at community college and has taught my kids a bunch of signs. It's really cute. I don't know sign language, but I do go on youtube and look up kid sign language videos, the ones I like the best are called Signing Time or Baby Signing Time. There are a whole bunch of sign language videos on youtube :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:35 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Also, I imagine you could order the Signing Time DVDs through Netflix (I haven't checked, but I'm guessing so), and if you don't have Netflix yet, it's only $5 a month to have one DVD at a time, and you can keep it as long as you like...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:41 AM on Apr. 27, 2009