how will my boyfriend act when our baby is born ?

my 4 yo baby girl (my first baby) is not my boyfriend's bio. child , but he has been there for us even sents she was 5 mos , and he has always said that she is his daughter and he loves her as his owe.. but now i am prego with his bio baby and i don't know whats going to happen between us when the baby is born.. i don't want him to act different then he does now , i don't want my daughter to be push to the back burner because of the baby ..... i want my babies to have the same love from him , he said he will loves them both , but i know so people who heard that before and i am not doubting him a , i am just worried.so please help me out what do you all do you think will happen....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I am sorry to say but you BOTH will in some ways put your oldest on the back burner for a little while, just make sure that you set aside some special time with her to do something that she likes. I worried like heck (cried all the way to the hospital!) because I felt like I was in some way betraying my oldest (who was almost four when his little brother was born). This too will pass, just make sure that she has some expectation of how busy life will be when the new baby gets here. As for your actual question, he will be a daddy. Sounds like he has been great up until now, so cut him some slack and just meld your lives together. If he was willing to step in when your oldest was only 5 months, I am sure that he will be there to help with his own. Sounds like you have a good guy! :) Don't get too ahead of yourself! :) GL
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 10:57 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Without knowing your or your BF, nobody can answer that, it's a wait and see type thing
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:35 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Take a "chill pill" and relax. Chances are he will be just as he says. He may favor the newborn for a little while but almost all people give the newborn more attention, no matter what the familial situation. Just make sure to include your daughter in as much as you can. At four she can help with taking care of the baby, so make sure to let her participate.

Let your boyfriend come to terms with having a baby of his own, it's a new experience and might take him a little time to adjust, but I am sure he will love both children as if they were both his own.

GL, and don't worry too much, time will tell best.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:37 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I met my s/o when my oldest was 2. They bonded and he was cool with her and all. I have 3 of his kids and he treats them no different(except he wont spank her!). I think your cool, but if you notice ANY changes with the ay he towards her then bring it to his attention!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 10:38 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Why are you worried about something that has not happened yet? If he's stayed around and helped you raise your dd since she was 5 mos old. I wouldn't have a worry or concern in the world about him loving her....in his eyes he's considering her to be his child...does he dog her out? does he say mean and nasty things to her? Does he treat her right? Let it go....
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2009