SO RUDE!

I joined this website to talk to other mothers without judgement... I thought peope could share opinions here in a peaceful atmosphere and just talk. But so many people on here it seems like, are just waiting for someone to say one little thing wrong, or one thing that don't believe in, so that they can lash out on them and call them retarded, or ignorant, or hypocriticle, or whathave you... we are all just people.... why do so many of you have to be so rude and judgmental? I don't understand it. There has GOT to be a way to be kind to one another...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I am sorry that this has been your experience here. CafeMom has been a wonderful source of information for me, and I have come across many kind and sweet people. I hope that your concern reaches those who have been judgemental, and that they will take it into consideration before they post again.

Welcome to CafeMom!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:40 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• lol sorry you had that kind of trouble i try to stay out of all that drama. It also depends on the groups some don't allow that kind of stuff to go on.
    Rebeccaroe

Answer by Rebeccaroe at 10:41 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Just like any other place in the world, there are rude, immature people and nice, kind people. I don't use this section very often for this very reason. I've found groups that I like and usually just post there and message moms that I've met in my groups. I have found wonderful friends thru the groups. You can probably find a group made up of moms in your area. I did and now I have friends that I talk to on the phone and have lunch and coffee with that I met on here. Try looking at the groups. There are some great ladies on here. I just ignore the rude ones.
    jenlenr

Answer by jenlenr at 10:42 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• You are right.... there are many very rude people here. One thing that I do not like about this site is the Anon posts. The other Mom sites that I have been to do not offer that option and they tend to be more civil. If a group is particularly rude to you, join a different group.

The Cafe Mom Newcomer's Group is one in particular that can get nasty quick if you post something they don't like, or even if you make a few typos, the fangs and claws start flying! The larger the group, the higher the chance you'll find trolls. That being said.... there are still many wonderful supportive ladies here on CM.  But even when they've "got your back" you really have to be thick skinned when reading the other responses.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:43 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I was answering a question the other day and some of the comments were just uncalled for!!! I too thought this was supposed to be a friendly site to get info or stuff off your chest! Keep in mind there are alot of judgemental people and NO network can filter them out!!! However if you see a comment that you feel is out of line report it!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 10:48 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Its so much easier for a lot of people to be rude on the internet. Think about it, they don't see you, so they feel like they can say anything they want: things they would never say if they were looking you in the eyes. It sucks, but just don't pay attention.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:48 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Here is a tip. (and no I'm not being a smart ass lol). Get out of this part of CafeMom. Find groups on here that interest you. You'll find nicer people to chat with. This section of CafeMom (the answers section) is full of childish women that REALLY do find little things to tear people down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Welcome to cafe mom!!! LOL It's a "rude awakening" isn't it! The best thing to do is just ignore the drama and move on. People are gonna be people. Some are miserable & therefore want to be rude and nasty and there's nothing you can do to change it. It's better if you find groups that interest you and spend your time there. That way you're communicating with others who share your beliefs and opinions and there's a whole lot less drama and bickering. Hope you find what you're looking for! ~ Blessings...

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:17 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I understand perfectly what you are talking about the first day i signed up i got a lot of bad comments about my English so i toldly understand and I'm sorry if you had it done to you

lulu589

Answer by lulu589 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2009