i have an 11 year old and am trying to conceive again, is that too large of a difference in ages?

beff

Asked by beff at 10:59 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• No. If you want another child go ahead. =D Me and my baby brother are 9 years apart and we get a long great! Good luck!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 11:01 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My SO has two children all ready. One is 13 and the other is 11. We're expecting in October and the kids are very excited about it.

ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I don't think so. Our kids' ages are 24, 18, 3 & 2 & we have no problems with the age differences. If you want another baby... I say, go for it! Best Wishes!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:04 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• It depends on your baby(the 11 yr old)! My friend was 10 yrs older than his sis and he couldn't stand her. Mind you she wasn't giving him messages or phone calls and blew him in every chance she got. I think he wasn't too brotherly to her! If you want them to bond, you need to include him or her!!! Talk to himor her and get their take on it. The more you include him or her the more reassurance they have that they're not being replaced! Good luck.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 11:07 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My parents have 39,37,34, 32,30,29,27,and 17 and I don't even talk to any of my older siblings....I am the 17 year old.....But they have their own lives lol I think it'd be fine but it is no fun to be the baby when you become the only child....At least it wasn't for me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I say go ahead :) I was the last of 3 children and just happen to be 16 years apart from my sister. Her and my brother were only 2 years apart. He was 18 when I was born.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:08 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• yep, i'm older by 11 and 13 years, so i know how it is with age differences...i want my daughter to have a sibling and she desperately wants one!
    the whole family wants this, so we are going for it!!!

thanks!
    beff

Answer by beff at 11:11 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I say go for it my sister and I are 16.5 yrs apart with me being the Uhhh Oh! We are closer than close I'm now 26.5 and she's 43 and neither one of us would want our lives to be any differant so I say if ur daughter wants a little brother or sister and ur ready for another child then go for it and Good Luck!!
    allie0904

Answer by allie0904 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I agree with the others, the age gap is probably not a problem. My parents had 5 kids. I'm 10 years younger than my closest (in age) sibling. The other four of my siblings were born within a year of each other. Since I was the "baby" and they were all tweens/teens when I was born, I was spoiled rotten by them. It worked out great for my mom.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• No, I have two step sons ages 15 and almost 17 my daugter is three and it have been a great experiance for both of them- my 15 year old who is dating says its the best birth control because of how mush work a kid is and he is busy enough helping me. LOL
    AftonMom

Answer by AftonMom at 12:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2009