• In the Spotlight:

Do I need to get a gift for these two graduates from college?

We got an invitation, in the mail Sat. for my friend's daughters (2) graduation from college. They are a year apart and are both graduating from college and my friend has an open house planned. Not sure whether I need to get a gift/money for them. What do you all think? I gave them a gift for high school graduation but not sure what the proper thing is from college.

Sue41

Asked by Sue41 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• A gift is appropriate, but nothing extravagant is required. While most people say that money is the best gift for a high school graduate, the same need not apply to college grads. Yes, they could use it, but they could also use an array of different items for home decoration and whatnot. Even a yummy smelling candle and a nice card is sufficient. Don't feel pressured to go overboard - there will be other people to do that for you (like her parents, aunts, uncles, etc.)
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 12:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Yes it would be appropriate for you to give a gift to both girls.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 11:33 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• What about a gift that will help them celebrate the memories of the college life? I have a ton of memory celebration products available at: www.mycmsite.com/chrissydetary and I am more then ahppy to help you pick something out... just PM if you have questions!!
    cldetary

Answer by cldetary at 1:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Yes but you don't have to spend much on it. Just something thoughtful to celebrate their fresh start. :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:12 AM on Apr. 28, 2009