what do the woman that have been married for 7 years and longer

do to maintain there marriage.What happens when u have fallen into routine and r just unhappy,what do u do to rekindle that love again??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Shake up the routine, get a sitter, go out, have the kids spend the night somewhere and DINE IN, make the house your bedroom. There are always "lull" times in a relationship, that is completely normal, but when it becomes a problem, then it's time for you and hubby to get off your duffs and fix it :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:38 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• We make love and I enjoy it so very much!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• WE plan special nights. I have rented a hotel without telling him and left him clues to get to the hotel and the room. I bought costumes and we do the roll playing thing. He writes me little notes and leaves them on the pillow for me. He will run me a bath and light candles or give me a massage. We try to do at least 1 new thing each month rather it be an activity or try a new food. Write down a list of what made you fall in love with him and write a list of why you think your not or why your unhappy. See the good in what you have and improve on it and leave the past behind you and start fresh daily.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:40 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Mix thing up go away for the weekend. No kids allowed
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 11:42 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• We do the dinner thing. Heeeey, my husband and I just had our 7 year anniversary on April 21 <3
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:42 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I think what happens is that women forget that they are married to good men and they tend to start to think that they don't have the "ideal" marriage and therefore, it is just not good enough. That's when they start to feel "unhappy." They start to believe that they are being cheated out of all the romance that other women are enjoying. I have found that the cure for this is to always be more concerned about your husband's happiness than you are your own. Every day, plan on doing at least one thing that tells him that you love him, that you still choose him, and that you are proud to be his wife. If you do that, you will be a happy woman.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:47 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Communication is big key, have been married 10 years next month, and yes it at times feels like a routine, We have morning time reading a devotional book together by Joyce Meyers called Conflict Free Living. It has helped us on the area of avoiding strife/anger over trivial things. We do go out without kids when we can, purpose each day to say something uplifting to each other, and have fun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Been married 18 years and we make sure to never go to bed angry. We make sure to communicate with each other. We make our marriage our top priority in fact it comes before our kids. Sex as much as possible. We have sex pretty much everyday and have for 18 years. We also make sure to cuddle, kiss and touch each other. So many become roommates after a few years of marriage and that is a choice they make. We choose to stay in love and keep it fresh. I love morning, afternoon and bedtime sex it keeps us happy and connected.

Before someone goes psycho about marriage coming before kids.  Our healthy marriage allows our children to have two loving parents who are always there for them.  All their needs are met and they are loved  we just make sure to not forget each other. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i was married for 12 yrs I tried hard for us to stay together even tho we fought alot and he was never home always cheating we have 3 beautiful children together I couldnt take it any more tho I know I was A wonderful wife I left him last oct. I dont regret ..I have now found a wonderful man who is amazin to me and my children there are many couple that heve been married many years and are still happy I just was not one of them...Im happy now .
    rissa1789

Answer by rissa1789 at 11:51 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Why is falling into a routine a bad thing? When old people talk about thier marraiges most of the time they talk about how wonderfully routine everything was.
    There is nothing wrong with a little spice, but you have to acknowledge and understand routine is a substitute word. Use comfortable, companionlike, relaxed. Those are all positive words to describe relationships after the bump. When you get to the point that oh..you know what he thinks, what he needs, what he wants. And he can read you.
    I was crying yesterday and I told my hubby, oh it is just PMS. He said, no it isn't it is too early for PMS. (WTH, *I* don't know when I start, LOL, But HE did.) So anyway, we talked and it was about me being anxious.
    So, that said, if you are bored, find a hobby you can do together. I would like to go hiking. I am working my way up to that physically. My hubby likes to hike.
    Find something to do, be inventive. Enjoy!
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:53 AM on Apr. 27, 2009