Why did everythinig stop?

Saterday I woke up with the bloody show and had irregular contractions all day that stopped. Then sunday still had the bloody show and more regular contractions till 2 in the morning every 5-10 minutes. Then went to sleep and everything stopped.
Why could this be?
Has this happened to anyone

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they are braxton hicks your body is getting ready for the big event. just keep timing your contractions if you think it is true labor.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:41 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Its braxton hicks and your probably dehydrated or over doing it causing the contractions. Once you lay down for a period of time they stop. Real contractions will not stop and they get worse as they go. The blood show could be the mucus plug breaking up an coming out so it wont be long. Your body is preparing itself.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:42 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• It stopped because it wasn't time yet. That can happen - it happened to me 1 week before I actually had my baby.
    I was on the phone all day bothering my doctor because I was sure it would be time to go, and he told me to wait until 5 mins apart and regular, and that never came. Then they stopped. The next weekend when it happened I knew what to wait for, and then it was the real deal.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:50 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Oh okay. thanks Im 40weeks and 3days. I have to go to the dr. today and I dread it because they want to induce. I've already told them no. So, the real contractions will hurt worse? Yikes lol.
    Anonymous

• This is normal, when you cant sleep through them it is the real thing.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Go for a walk or a nice warm bath, I took a bath while in labor and it actually helped me dialate faster. From between 2-3 to 5-6 within an hour is what happened to me while in the bath!
    Anonymous