Have you ever used a pregnancy test from a dollar store?

I bought one about a month ago when I thought I was pregnant. It came back negative. Some people have told me those are wrong more often than correct. Has anyone here ever taken one of these tests and it came back negative but later they found out they were pregnant? Now I am paranoid that I am pregnant but the test was just wrong! And I am not wanting anymore kids so I sure hope that test as right!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• So get another test. All pregnancy tests are the same. THe measure the level of hormones and if its present the it will read it. make sure its not expired or buy a store brand and retest.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I have taken SEVERAL - for multiple pregnancies. I've always gotten a true reading. If you test too early it will come back negative on any test. I trust them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I bought 10 of them from the dollar store and every one was correct. I did this with 2 different pregnancies.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:53 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I took a test from the dollar store 5 days before my period was due the test came back positive.Im 15 weeks now ...take another test if u want to be sure but the dollar store tast was right wit me..
    rissa1789

Answer by rissa1789 at 11:54 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My dollar store pregnancy test said I was PG, and it was right.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Dollar Store tests are just as accurate as any other test - they all test for the same hormone and they all test for the same level of hormone, except for the ones advertised to show pregnancy earlier than usual. ANY test you plan to buy, you should check the expiration date because the chemicals used to detect the presence of hCG fade after awhile. If you strongly suspect the test was wrong, wait a few days and use a different brand or use the same brand but a different lot number (stamped on the box). False negatives are relatively common and due to faulty lots (not enough of the detection chemicals on the test strip), not the off brand name.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 12:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• The ones I took for my preg were ALL positive. and neg when i wasn't.
    The tests at hospitals, clinics etc they use the dropper tests like at the $ store, because you pee IN a cup there.
    the nurses at the hospital told me that the ones that use a dropper are actually more accurate then the pee on a stick kind.
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I have used them without any problems...as someone else stated all pregnancy tests are the same, they measure the level of pregnancy hormones in your body, if they are present you will get a positive result.
    Fragile_Girl

Answer by Fragile_Girl at 4:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2009