Stroller question ...

I am looking for a double stroller. Does anyone have a preference as to the side-by-side kind or the "one behind the other" type??? Which one is easier to maneuver at the mall for instance? It's for my grandbabies who are 1 week old and 1 year old. They are siblings. Thanks for your opinions!

madsmom11597

Asked by madsmom11597 at 11:50 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I opted for the one that is one behind the other. the side by side ones take up a lot of room especially in the aisle of a grocery story. I love my stroller. it is a graco and i got it from burlington coat factor for 89 dollars. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:53 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• The ones that are one in front of the either are a little more convenient as they fit in the isles and door ways still. The side by side tend to be a little big and I believe they are for older children. I have never seen one for an infant and toddler. They can both be hard to maneuver around as they are big but the 2 in a row fit in more places then the side by side.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:54 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I started with the side by side with all the features (reclining seats, sun canopy, full basket underneath) and I gave it away because it was heavy and hard to steer. I ended up getting a front and back one and I love it!

Go someplace that has strollers set up already. Push it around and try to fold and unfold it IN the store. When folded, try to pick it up to see how hard it will be to load in your car. If the store won't let you "test drive" it in the store, go to a different store. (toys-R-Us and Babies-R-Us have been good places for us to test drive. Our Walmart on the other hand keeps them on top of a shelf and has them bolted down) You don't want to bring home a stroller that is impossible to fold/unfold or that is too heavy for you to lift by yourself.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I have asked this question before and I think the one I have finally decided to get for my girls (15 months apart) is the Baby Trends brand "Sit n' Stand" -- in the front part you can put the baby carrier carseat when baby is very small, and later when baby's sitting s/he can sit up there; in the back part the toddler can sit (strapped in) or stand on a little platform. It's about $130 at Target or Babies R Us. I've tried it out and it maneuvers really well, and has been recommended by a lot of people.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 12:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Experienced mom of four (11yr, 6yr, 3yr, 3mo) here. The side-by-sides are too wide and you will find there are many doors and aisles that are not wide enough to fit through with this type of tandem stroller. My favorite kind of tandem stroller is the Graco DuoGlider.
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 2:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2009