has anyone tried detoxing?

my mom was telling me about this diet thing called detox that you drink a gal water with liek a gal of water mixed with lemons kian pepper and maple. she says it cleans your body out and youll loose 20-30 lbs. Has anyone done this? is it safe? did it work?

masonsmommy921

Asked by masonsmommy921 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I would think with that much water you could intoxicate yourself... I ride my ellipitical everyday, long enough to burn 700 calories, try to only eat when I'm hungry and if I do have a snack it's a granola bar or a yogurt. And I tell myself that I have to eat like an adult... I feel the key to losing weight in a healthy way is to use portion control. And I treat myself to coffee in the morning, I have to have it and a little reward once in a while isn't going to hurt either!!
    As for detoxing, I quit smoking last October so I think I have cleaned myself out enough,lol
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 1:56 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• you should really do the tradition diet and exercise. doing a diet that makes you shit your brains out(no offense) is very unhealthy. just cut out some of the sodium and sugar you are taking in and exercise everyday. whether it is walking up and down the road or doing taebo in your living room. good luck.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• We are more of an anti-tox than detox family. Drink lots of water (at least 8 8oz glasses a day); eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables everyday, especially ones with lots of antioxidants like blueberries. Eat at least 7 servings of whole grains every day. Cut back or eliminate meats and dairy. Eat beans and lentils. Feel free to contact me offlist for more information and recipes (no, I am not selling anything).

Answer by rkoloms at 12:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• the water thing that she is talking about is a diet for 10 to 14 days.. but its only water.. I looked it up and stuff.. and didnt do it cause 10 days on that.. i would DIE
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 11:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i started it but didn't finish by the third day i gave up your not suppose to eat anything for 10-14days i was ready to pass out so not a good idea
    cyn882

Answer by cyn882 at 12:43 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• It is unhealthy. Will you lose weight? Yes, but most of it is water weight, which will be gained back as soon as you start eating. To do it for a day or two would be okay but then start eating healthy. Another thing you may want to do is drink the water but eat fruit, veggies & grains too. I do that with the Sassy Water from the MUFA meals.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Apr. 28, 2009

• do you know you can overdose on water? & actually die... be careful! but even if you loose it, it will come back when you start eating again... that is called starving yourself!
    kflwrgrl

Answer by kflwrgrl at 4:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2009