Where you live

Where I live I have noticed several businesses have closed, or are in process of doing so. Has that happend in your town?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Just ones that were suppose to come have backed out of their leases.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 12:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I LIVE IN MIAMI THEY CLOSE 2 AND OPEN 4
    rubipresiosa

Answer by rubipresiosa at 12:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Ohio and yes we have lost a lot of business and factorieshave cut down to one or two shifts its really bad here we are about 3 hours from Cleveland

Anonymous

• Yes where I live not far from me a strip mall is soon to be empty... where Mervyns was its empty ... theres lots of empty stores in several strip malls its sad .... and kinda ghost townish in those areas.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Yeah, the cleveland area sucks, a vast wasteland of what was.
    Anonymous

• Some things have closed here.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 12:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• On the corner my store was on (a busy little corner across from a nice artsy coffee shop and next to a barber and a popular take out place that has been in business for 15 years, the coffee shop went out of business, my store went out, the barber and the take-out place have cut hours and are struggling. The nice little boutique next to mine will also probably go out of business, the owner was telling me its a matter of time. People can't afford to work for free/greatly reduced income. The small business owners on my block are working 60 hours a week and not able to pull any income for months, 6 or more. People can't afford to do it anymore.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• We lost our Krispy Kreme yesterday, in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Now I can not get fresh Krispy Kreme donuts. We have more of the new and empty strip mall scenario.
    Anonymous

• Not too bad here.. I havent noticed anything around here.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 1:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I live in Ohio near Pennsylvania. We had a steel plant close. We've lost a few stores, like Steve and Barry's, Value City, Goody's and a grocery store. Other stores/restaurants are hurting. I wish I could move somewhere else!
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 1:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2009