What does it mean when?...

Your contractions are 4min apart but there not painful but when you stand up you can feel the baby pressing down on your pelvis?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Contractions aren't always painful, especially in the beginning. I'd call the doctor/hopspital and see what they say. Mine recommended I just lay down & relax and wait for them to get closer, when my contractions first started. I didn't have to call back until the next day. Then I went into labor. :)
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 12:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Depending on how far along you are, these could possibly be Braxton Hicks contractions. If you are concerned - always ask your doctor. Here is a link on the subject that might help you out:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braxton_Hicks_contractions
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 12:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Well, I would call your Doc and go in. Have him/her check your cervix for dilation. Describe the pressure you're feeling. I labored off and on like that for 2 weeks before labor started in earnest. I had painful and regular contractions for 3 days.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• almost 38weeks
    Anonymous

• Sounds like begining stages of labor. I remeber having light cramping and pressure about a week before labor started.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Call L&D and see if they want you to come in. I did not find the early stages of labor painful.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I didnt even know i was in labor with my second child...... i had a sharp pain of a few seconds periodicly threw the day. i just thought baby was setting on my nerves. well then i started peeing on my self several times so i went into l&d and asked them just to check me out and they said that i was dialated to a 9 and i had my son no more then 20 minutes after i got there. so my suggestion is that you call your dr and see if you can come in and have him check you and see if you are dialated or at least talk to his nurse and let her know how you are feeling. she will probably be able to ask you a few questions and determine if you should come to them or go strait to L&D... good luck....... i cant wait to have my babies. i wish i could have them right now.. other then the fact that i am only 22 weeks......i still have to wait a while....
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 2:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2009