Garage Sale

When you have a garage sale do you price everything or just put a sign like all clothes $1. I don't mind pricing big stuff, but I would rather just label tables and boxes rather that price every little thing. I hate going to garage sales where nothing is priced...I'm not one to inquire about 100 items that aren't prices. So how do you do it? I want the easiest fastest way..even if I take a price cut on some items.

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 12:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i price everything
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• .....depends...i usuallly....price ...everything...
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 12:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Are you going to be the only one monitoring/ringing people up? If you have anyone helping you out, have them try to keep an eye on items that aren't individually priced. I know alot of people who just put clothes into big boxes and label them $1.00 each. Just be sure that those clothes don't get moxed up with, say, the box of stuff for $3.00. If you get super concerned, you could always just use sticker labels as price tags. They're WAY easier to apply than the string tags.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 12:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I have had signs on the table that have prices. But you have to make sure people keep them on the right tables if you do that. I mark most of my items individually because of this. I have a friend(s) come over to help me. We chat and they help me get things labeled faster than if it was just me doing it.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• If its a lot of little stuff like toys or clothes, I usually set it all together and put up a sign that says how much it is. If you've got a bunch of stuff that's the same price even if its not related, I'd put it all out together and put up a sign. If you have a bunch of stuff that's not priced the same, I'd put prices on them.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 12:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• You can just set up a big sign by the clothes, as long as it's visible.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 12:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I price most everything. I have on occasion however, made a $1.00 table especially if it is towards the end of the sale and I want to get rid of stuff rather than have to put it away or drag it to a donation center.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:56 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I priced just about everything! If it was a group of something like clothes/dvds I just made one big sign with a price. Do whatevers easiest for you!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i price everything!!!!!! i once had one where i had different tables, and signs that said this table $2, his table $5 etc...then i had ppl changing the items on the tables..so..i price everything
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I price everything some people don't pay attention to the signs thats what I should be doing now pricing everything for my garage/yard sale its this weekend lol but my a$s is on the computer
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2009