what would you do?

I work for a financial advisor who works out of an office in AZ and one in CO.. I'm at the AZ one but last fri he asked me if I would move out to CO to run the two offices up there.. it would involve almost tripling what I make now.. only problem is he wants me to move by the 1st of July and as of today I'm 13 weeks prego.

the money would be fantastic but I dont know if I'm ready to completely change my life in every way.. I'm so stressed out its not funny... any advice?? what would you do??

raehope

Asked by raehope at 12:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have advice! I'm from CO. It is beautiful here and a wonderful place to live. There are certain areas of CO that area better than others, as with all states. What I recommend is to reeeeaaally look hard into the housing situation. The rent prices where I live are getting pretty high. BUT the housing market is awesome and homes are being sold pretty cheap. You've got to weigh your options and see if the move is more beneficial than stressful. Good luck!
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 12:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Well, the money would be super nice. Also, do you like your job a lot? Is there a change you'll lose your current job if you don't take the promotion? Colorado is a good place. My hubby and I want to move there when he's done with school.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 12:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I love my job.. its fantastic.. and my boss is awesome.. I love CO but I dont know if I would love living there..
    raehope

Answer by raehope at 12:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Not to be offensive if you arent married, but if you are...then what does hubby say? Is he on board? Sometimes change is good.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I moved while I was six months pregnant with my youngest. It was definitely the right decision. I wouldn't rule out a move while pregnant if everything else is pointing to that being the right decision.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• yeah my DH is totally for it if I want to go.. and I know that its totally do-able to move while prego.. but I dont know if I really want to.. idk.. uggg
    raehope

Answer by raehope at 12:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Does your boss know you're pregnant? If not, I would inform him and see if the offer still stands. Otherwise, it sounds like a great opportunity.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I have lived in CO and I loved it! I always though about returning too. Is there anyway you can go there and preview the city/area you would be moving to? Maybe you can find out more about it and if you will like it there and it could put your mind at ease too. If it would triple my income I would most likely do it. Especially if I loved my job and my boss!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 1:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Have you ever been out there? Would you be able to take a long weekend trip out there to see how you like the area?
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• yeah my boss does know that I'm prego.. and he's cool with it.. he says I'm the only person he trusts to run his offices.. so thats good..

and I have gone up to CO a couple of times and I love it but its so dang cold...
    raehope

Answer by raehope at 1:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2009