Do you think that piercing a baby ear is trashy?

I do not think it is thrashy at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No
    Anonymous

• Trashy, not necessarily. Selfish and unnecessary. Yes.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• No, but piercing a little baby boy is
    Anonymous

• Trashy is not the word that comes to mind, but mean does. I hate to see a person hold a baby down in a chair while they pierce her ears. It just bothers me. I think ear peircing is a personal choice that should be decided when the child is of an appropriate age....6, 7, 8 ect.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:47 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Me and all my sisters had our ears pierced before we were a year old.

If i have a baby girl, I'm undecided about whether I would pierce her ear or not.

If I chose not to, I would never look down on another woman who did. I don't find it trashy at all
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 12:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I don't think I'd consider it trashy, but for my own kids I waited until they wanted it done for themselves.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Since you asked, I'm not a fan. I don't know if I'd say trashy. I definitely don't like the way it looks on babies, though, and it kind of seems like people are really trying to make sure baby girl is identifiable as a girl. I think gender invades our lives quickly enough as it is...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 12:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Nothing wrong with it, but my daughter now 6 has had her ears pierced and removed twice. A small child cannot take care of them properly, and I won't have her ears pierced again till she's older and more responsible.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:52 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I agree with anonymous 12:47. For a girl I do not think is trashy. But a boy it does look bad.
    Jamie8788

Answer by Jamie8788 at 12:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Trashy no, but wrong yes. My daughter will not be allowed to pierce her ears until she is old enough to make that decision herself. Why would you FORCE a child to have their ears pierced when they aren't even old enough to talk yet?
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2009