I know you shouldn't tattoo some ones name on you...BUT...

I am trying to think of a "surprise" for DF on our wedding day. I have my zodiac sign (gemini) tattooed on my hip bone, I was thinking about getting his (Virgo) linked with mine to symbol our lives together.....
Would you consider that any different than getting a name tattooed on you? Do you think it is meaningful or stupid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• What are you going to do about it in the chance that you two break up though?
    Anonymous

• Find another Virgo to date...lol. Just kidding, It is small enough to cover up (about 3 inches tall, 1 inch wide)
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I have our wedding rings tattooed on me. They are joined together with our wedding date under it. I also have his name tattooed on my leg as well. His sign would be fine and it would be easy to change the reasoning why you got it later on if for some reason your marriage fails. It took us 6 years to tattoo our names on each other and then I did the wedding rings for our anniversary. We have been married 8 years and together for 10.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I always forget to post anon when I answer my own anon questions...cats outt the bag now. lol.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• That is kinda what I did. My husband and I have matching tattoos. It is 2 hearts intertwined and colored with out alternative birthstone colors (had to do that since mine is white). With our oldest son's zodiac sign beside it. We still need to get our baby's zodiac sign added to it.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:07 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I wouldn't do it. Besides, Virgos and Geminis aren't great matches =) I should know, my ex husband is a Gemini and I'm a Virgo...and would it even be meaningful to HIM, is he big on Astrology? Definitely don't do his name either. What about your wedding date - if you absolutely insist on a tattoo, I personally am not a huge tattoo fan.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I have my husbands name tattooed across my upperback in between my shoulder blades and he has my name on his forearm. I got it 4.5 years ago, our 3rd wedding anniversary was Saturday!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• F-ing go for it! I'm not married to my SO, but I know that this man was created just for me and that I'll be with him forever. He is a Libra, my baby sister is a Libra, and with my due date, our baby should be a Libra. So, I'm going to get a Libra symbol tattooed on me.

I always used to be so against getting a tattoo that signified your SO at the time, but not anymore. If you feel strongly about your hubby, do it.
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• The only name I would consider getting tattooed on me is my son's, or maybe my FIL's, because I really respect him, and if he passed away, I might do it. Or if my DH passed away and I was a widow...and any man I was with would just have to deal with it.

My best friend and I have been best friends for over 6 years and we've been considering getting a matching tattoo in about 3 1/2 years, to celebrate 10 years of friendship. Not each other's names, just something small matching.

To me, tattoos are something that express things that WERE important to you at some point in your life. Not necessarily something thats a big deal NOW, but things that have mattered in the past, so you remember.
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 1:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I've considered it...
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2009