What's your opinion?

Ok my fiance and I just found out that his dad and stepmom are expecting. We have a 16 month old son and we are expecting our 2nd son any time now. My fiance is 22 and his brother is 20 both by different marriages. There dad is only 40 and stepmom is 35. But does any think that this is going to be a crazy situation? I do, I mean my sons will be older than their aunt or uncle. How are we going to explain that one!?

gurlieracer4

Asked by gurlieracer4 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My BIL is 2 years older than his uncle. Things happen and you just tell them when the time comes. By the time they actually care they will be teenagers or older.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• It's really not a big deal, just don't make them call him uncle! I have uncles like that, and we have never called them uncle, just by there name. It sounds so weird!
    Anonymous

• Watch the movie You got Mail with Tom Hanks and I forgot the actress name. Very cute you'll find something similar to your situation
    Anonymous

• I think its great =) Doesn't matter their relation, all the kids will have so much fun together.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• It happens. You won't have to worry about explaining it until their older anyways!!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 1:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My MIL has a half sister who is about 6 months older than me. My husband's half sister and niece are two weeks apart. My son's cousin and aunt are both 3 years older than he is.

Although it sounds a little silly, its more common than you think. People are remarrying and having children later in life.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• It happens all the time. Chill.
    Anonymous

• i have a 29 yr old that got married well i thought i was going through menopause.well lets just say i wasnt.so basically i had a 8 yr old when my daughter got pregnant.she understood everything.she never lived with this sister cause when i got pregnant she was in college and then got an apt with her friends.well she got the fact the dee is her sister and that she was having a baby but the hardet was (why was justin involved???)this is her husband.well i tried my hardest to tell her the sperm and egg and all but that was not happening.that was the hardest part.you will be surprised it will all work out ..my youngest finally accepted getting your period but the way you have babies no way.we know how they are getting out but we still dont understand how they got in there.lol
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• My friend is the same age as one of her aunts. Her mom and sister were pregnant at the same time so it happens more then you think.
    Anonymous

• My youngest half sister (Dad's daughter) is 2 years younger than my daughter. No big deal really. What WAS hard was accepting the fact that my dad's wife, (sister's mother) is a year younger than I am!
    Anonymous