Why is it so hard to recruite people in your home business?

Im new with Ameriplan and just can't seem to recruite anyone.What is the secret?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• There are many different ways to go about recruiting people. There are many programs develo[ped (that cost money) to help recruit people into a home business. There are A LOT of people who do not want to put an investment into working from home. There are many reasons it is tough sometimes, all you can do is stick with it and be positive, Some months are better than others, just keep your head up!
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 1:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Maybe because they know it's a scam?
    Anonymous

• People are afraid of "being bought"; they run at the thought of having to pay for anything or having any extra added responsibility. If they do come aboard, they often suffer from "buyery's remorse". What marketing strategies do they provide and how were you recruited? Think about what you get onboard with Ameriplan and reach out to others with the same needs. Hope this helps.
    His_Mommy26

Answer by His_Mommy26 at 1:19 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I signed up for Ameriplan 2 years ago and wished I NEVER did. There are fees that NO ONE tells you about. Also, everyone is aiming for INSURANCE and not some discount plan.
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 1:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• By being excited and believing in what you do. Ameriplan is a great company to work for and it is 100% legit. Keep at it and don't give up. Contact me if you want to talk.
    SonjaSC

Answer by SonjaSC at 1:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Many people are afraid of MLMs. I work from home, doing freelance bookkeeping and career coaching. The hardest part about what I do is marketing myself to potential clients.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I think so many people have tried MLM's and Direct Selling companies many are skeptical. Really trying to recruit online doesn't work....posting ads on the dozens of groups here, craigslist or other venues doesn't get people interested. You can place expensive ads in the newspaper and get NO calls which is frustrating. Your best bet is to locally look for people by doing events. Not only can you get customers but you can get those who want to do the same and you live near them to train them and encourage them as much as possible.

When I say events I mean local job fairs, home and garden shows, trade shows, vender fairs, county fairs, even large scale garage sale events, flea markets, art shows, local festivals or free concert series....invest in professional quality display equipment and have a small giveaway, get names, addresses and phone numbers on entry forms and call those people, send them info on the service...
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• ....and the opportunity. Get window decals for your car promoting your business for both customers and the opportunity to make money. Wear a t-shirt offering free info on a business opportunity, get a lawn sign, get free post cards and some of these other mentioned items at Vista Print and go door to door....leave business cards or post cards everywhere you go, even put them into envelopes when you pay your bills. Can't find or afford a job fair? Look up reps for other companies in your area and see if they would be interested in working with you to organize your own fair....everyone can sell products and recruit.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Because most people don't like salesmen and don't want to become one? Also, a lot of work-from-home businesses are scams, or don't really earn money. I'm leery of all those offers, aside from the really well known ones like Mary Kay or something. Even then, it's not for me...
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 3:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Well this is one of my favorite sayings..."Some will, some won't...who's NEXT!?!?" Some people believe that the only way to live their life is to work for 40 hours a week for 40 years of their life only to end up with nothing. Actually, 90% of people think that way and its not really their fault. Its what we have ben taught....go to school, get a degree, get a job, and work for the rest of your life! I am sorry but I CAN't and WON'T accept that! I do hae a Bachelor's degree but I don't use it. I don't want to spend the rest of my life working for someone else. There are other people out there like us.

Ameriplan has been around for 17 years. We are not a scam and we are not going anywhere. Funny how the people that call us a scam always post anonymous? Anyways, his business works but unfortunatly some people ae not willing to WORK at something to better their lives.
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 3:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2009