An appropriate time for sex?

My BIL was over the other afternoon and he and the kids went into their room to play. My hubby and were on the couch and he wanted to go downstairs and have sex. There are no doors downstairs just the main TV room and office. His brother did not come over to babysit, just to visit. I thought it was an innappropriate time, he go mad.....Am I a prude?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• No you're not a prude, that's just an unreasonable request. How could you possibly relax and enjoy yourself under those circumstances?
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• OMG call the sex police! It is up to you. But if you want to please your husband go for it!
    Anonymous

• Tough one..but if I went to my sister's house to visit and found out her and her husband had sex while I was playing with kids I probably would have been a little creeped out! I know some people wouldn't have found any problem with it so it's up to you. I don't think you're a prude.
    Anonymous

• Ha! He's needs to be taught some manners. I don't think it would've been appropraite. Couldn't he just wait until his brother was gone? I usually do it at night, in the morning or while my daughter is asleep. Otherwise, it's just too much of a hassle!
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 1:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I have a much higher sex drive than DH, so any time he offers even for a quickie, I am game. However, I don't think it makes you a prude to say no if you don't feel comfortable getting down with other people in your house.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I totally understand why you said no. Ask your husband how he would feel if your BIL or kids ran down to find you guys and caught you in the act. That would be wrong at so many levels! There is a time and place for everything and both people need to feel comfortable if you want quickie! Another thing, I think thats rude because you have a guest in the house, how would he feel if he found out? You are not being a Prude, you cant help it if you didnt feel comfortable in that situtation! Your husband should understand that instead of being anry with you!
    tazcentral

Answer by tazcentral at 2:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I'm with riotgrrl. I jump my DH ever chance I can get and I mean every chance!
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Totally inappropriate and immature, IMO. Especially since he then went on to get mad. That's a ridiculous request, IMO. Typical guy... :)
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 2:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• i wouldn't have done it either!
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 3:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• bow chica wow wow!!! lol
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2009