We are going to plant fruit trees, how do I keep deers away until established?

Also what extra maintains is needed to have fruit, and what trees would you recommend for an edible apple tree (I am willing to buy two kinds for pies and eating by hand) pear, and cherry tree. Thanks

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 1:19 PM on Apr. 27, 2009 in Home & Garden

• You can buy little wire things to put around the tree while it's getting started, or make your own out of some fencing. Also, they hate Irish Spring soap, so I make a mix of that in my watering can and spray it all over the trees/plants. The only thing with that is you have to reapply it after it rains.

goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 2:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Deer Tonic from Jerry Baker, master gardener...Mix and let set for 2 days, spray and then reapply after rain.....2 eggs, 2 garlic cloves, 2T.Hot sauce any kind, 2 cups water, 2Tcayenne pepper
    QuiltLover

Answer by QuiltLover at 3:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• human hair from your local barber, take your own bag it's free.
    Anonymous

• have your son or husband pee near the tree. make the territory
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 12:22 PM on Apr. 28, 2009